is a dynamic, holistic, scientific and philosophical system of constitutional medicine & individualistic drug therapeutics, based on the law of similars, with the potentiality of cure in cases that are curable and relieves symptoms in incurable cases. Homeopathy ( also spelled homoeopathy; from the Greek: hómoios-“like” and p-páthos-“suffering”) is a system of alternative medicine created in 1796 by Samuel Hahnemann based on his doctrine of like cures like, whereby a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people will cure similar symptoms in sick people.
Cardinal Principles Of Homoeopathy:-
2) Law of Simplex – Only one single, medicine must be used at a time and there is no scope of polypharmacy.
3) Law of Minimum- The dose should be minimum, to stimulate the human organism & to produce perceptible change & it varies in each patient.
4) Principle of Drug-proving – To know the therapeutic properties of a drug, drug is administered to good number of healthy individuals (experimentally) & the symptoms are recorded & one gains the inner nature of the drugs & the same is clinically verified on sick.
5) Principle of Drug-dynamisation – The medicines are not prescribed on physiological dose, but potentised medicines are used to cure diseased individuals.
6) Principle of Chronic diseases – Chronic diseases are caused by predisposing factors (miasms), which debilitate the life force (vital force) of an individual.
7) Principle of Vital Force – Homoeopathy believes in the existence of a force, which animates the human organism & the harmonious functioning of the body is because of its equilibrium.
How Homoeopathy Works:-
Fact 2 – Homeopathic theories are based on fixed principles of the Laws of Nature which do not change — unlike medical theories which are constantly changing!
Fact 3 – Homeopathy is an evidence-based, empirical medicine.
Fact 4 – Homeopathy is both an art and a science.
Fact 5 – The Homeopathic provings of medicines are a more scientific method of testing than the orthodox model.
Fact 6 – Homeopathic medicine awakens and stimulates the body’s own curative powers. The potentized remedy acts as a catalyst to set healing into motion.
Fact 7 – Homeopathic medicines work by communicating a current/pattern/frequency of energy via the whole human body to jump start the body’s own inherent healing mechanisms.
Fact 8– Homeopathy assists the body to heal itself, to overcome an illness which brings the patient to a higher level of health. Orthodox medicine suppresses the illness, bringing the patient to a lower level of health.
Fact 9 – The homeopathic practitioner endeavours to search for and treat the cause of the disease in order to heal the effect.
Fact 10 – Outcomes of homeopathic treatment are measured by the long term curative effects of prescribing and complete eradication of the disease state.
Fact 11 – The homeopathic practitioner treats the whole person, believing all symptoms are interrelated and seeks to select a medicine which most closely covers them all.
Popularity Of Homoeopathy:
Hundreds of famous people throughout the past 200 years have enjoyed the benefits of homeopathic medicine.
The aristocratic patronage of homeopathy in the U.K. extended well into the 1940s and beyond can be easily demonstrated. In the Homeopathic Medical Directories there are lists of patrons of the dispensaries and hospitals. They read like an extract from Burke’s or Debrett’s.
The Royal Families of Europe use homeopathic medicine and Queen Elizabeth II of England never travels anywhere without her homeopathic vials of medicine.
Homeopathy is practised nowadays in countries all over the world. In India there are 100 homeopathic medical schools and around 250,000 homeopathic doctors.
In a recent Global TGI survey where people were asked whether they trust homeopathy the following percentages of people living in urban areas said YES: 62% in India, 58% Brazil, 53% Saudi Arabia, Chile 49%, United Arab Emirates 49%, France 40%, South Africa 35%, Russia 28%, Germany 27%, Argentina 25%, Hungary 25%, USA 18%, UK 15%
The media as a whole has been unwilling to air a defence of the efficacy of homeopathy and the validity of this 250 year old profession.
In England, France, Germany and the Netherlands, homeopathy is included in the National Health Service.
In France, 18,000 physicians prescribe homeopathic remedies.
In England, 42% of British physicians refer patients to homeopaths.
The Royal family has used used homeopathy for three generations. There are currently five homeopathic hospitals, and the oldest, the Royal London Homeopathic Hospital, has been there for 100 years.
India has over 1 lakhs board certified homeopathic physicians, thousands of homeopathic hospitals and clinics and many homeopathic medical schools.
In Germany , 20% of Physicians prescribe homeopathic remedies.
Homeopathy is also practiced in Vienna, Scotland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Pakistan, Greece, Belgium.